1. My iPod Shuffle. Seriously, without tunes, what the hell's the point? Well, I guess the point's to exercise this SMOOSHY butt off, but on some of those hills, my smooshy butt just CAN'T get it going, so my iPod Shuffle, it's there to give me that extra push I can't find on my own.
2. My Camelback. One of the things I personally struggle with is running indoors. I feel TRAPPED and BORED, and it just drives me CRAZY. Yet OUTSIDE, I really really MISS the damn cupholders those boring old treadmills provide. So my handy dandy camelback helps bring the convenience of INdoors OUTdoors.
3. The right running socks. Short version? I hate thick socks, HATE them. They make everything too squishy in my shoes, and instead of enjoying the VIEW, the EXERCISE, and the FRESH AIR, I spend all my time thinking how much I HATE MY SOCKS! Or at least that's what I USED to do until I found these. They're like magic, for my feet.
4 (and 5). The right headgear.
- On normal or bright sunny days, I like a headband - it gathers the sweat up and stops it from dripping down my face. It's also got the added benefit of making me look just SLIGHTLY less disheveled if I need to stop into a grocery store and NOT have my hair standing up all over the place.
- On RAINY days though, my dri-fit visor saves my life. Not just cuz it's a sweat-gatherer too, but cuz it keeps the rain OFF my face while not making me look like an absolute ugly fool. Plus it dries pretty fast when I get home.
Want easy access to products recommended by Lori and Chicklet? Help support us by visiting the All Thumbs Store, which has no added markup. Just easy shopping, good prices, and thumbs up ratings.