My 20s. These are the magazines you could find in the 1980s on my cable-spool coffee table (just kidding about the trailer decorating, but not much):
- Glamour (loved the Glamour Don'ts)
- Soap Opera Digest (aaack. Back when I had time to care about the Young & the Restless)
- Us (to keep up with Knots Landing and thirtysomething gossip)
My 30s. The selection you'd find on my particle-board laminate:
- Shape (I exercised by osmosis while reading it on the futon and downing a pint of Cherry Garcia)
- Cosmopolitan (always seeking that one move that would drive him crazy)
- Parenting (on the tail end of this time period)
Today, here's what you might find on my nightstand:
- Adoptive Families (the Sept/Oct issue is a particularly good one, especially for waiting parents)
- National Geographic (geek that I am, I must read from cover-to-cover, so I am always several issues behind)
- Consumer Reports (to stretch my dollar and avoid feelings of stupidity)
So, how about you? What adorns your coffee table, and what does it say about you?
Give us a one-liner. Or more.
Want easy access to products recommended by Lori and Chicklet? Help support us by visiting the All Thumbs Store, which has no added markup. Just easy shopping, good prices, Amazon security and thumbs up ratings.