With summer sadly coming to an end, so comes the end of the Sangria. And it's not because we HAVE to stop drinking Sangria, it's just because we know we WILL stop drinking Sangria. For us, Sangria's a SUMMER drink, a drink you throw together in a PITCHER, a drink you serve to friends on PATIOS. For us, when we're REALLY smart, sometimes it's even a drink we keep ALL to ourselves.
So to keep it short and simple this week, I give you my FAVORITE Sangria recipe. Super easy to throw together cuz it's all done in the PREP, and super tasty cuz of the BUBBLES... and the berries.
- 1 bottle red wine (I use a Shiraz)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1 orange cut into wedges
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 splash orange juice
- 2 shots gin
- 1 cup sliced strawberries or raspberries (I always use raspberries)
- 1 small can diced pineapples WITH the juice
- 2.5 cups gingerale
- Pour the wine into pitcher and squeeze the juice from the lemon, orange, and lime wedges into the wine.
- Toss the squeezed out wedges into the pitcher along with the wine.
- Add pineapple, sugar, orange juice, and gin.
- Chill overnight with saran wrap or a lid on top to avoid "fridge taste".
- Add gingerale, berries, and ice just before serving.
Want easy access to products recommended by Lori and Chicklet? Help support us by visiting the All Thumbs Store, which has no added markup. Just easy shopping, good prices, Amazon security and thumbs up ratings.