Heard of it? So far, I've made more than $11 through YouData, in about 17 minutes spread over 3 sessions. Because these days, it's all about the eyeballs. And apparently, mine are for rent.
I'm so easy.
Finally, I am getting paid for something I've been giving away for free. Something YOU also have, that others find valuable: our attention. I pay attention, and now I sell attention, too.
Here's how it works.
- You go to YouData.com. You hope that you do so at a time when the system can handle the demand. If not, you keep checking back.
- You set up an account. You give your gender and birth date to start. You will also need to provide an email address and a cell phone number to receive activation codes.
- Voilà! You have a MeFile on YouData. (Pronoun/ProperNoun alert!)
- You fill in your MeFile with more info about you like your zip code, marital status, employment status, education level, income level, activities, pets, etc. For each, you are given the option not to disclose. The more information you provide about yourself, the more targeted your ads will be.
- For now, you must have a PayPal account to collect your funds each payday (which is every Friday).
- YouData then searches for advertisers willing to pay for your attention. You get up to five offers worth about 20 cents apiece. You tell it to Reveal Ads.
- You Jump to Collect and a webpage opens up for each advertiser. You hear a little ka-ching each time you do.
- You Reload again and again until YouData runs out of advertisers interested in YourType. (Ha! I just made up my own Pronoun/Proper noun.)
- And you check back in a few days for more.
While researching this post, I just earned $1.01 for clicking on Beauty.com, GE Appliances, , SoyJoy, CleanWell, and Klondike Bars (I'm singing: "what would I do for a buck-fifty?"). I've also seen sites for children's clothing, furniture, and other blogs. Some I can breeze through, and some I actually shop.
In fact, I found a product I'd never heard about last week, and I bought a little experiment. The plan is to have something to review for you next week. So make sure to check back.
My thumbs are up for YouData. For once I am an early adopter. And $11 richer. Hey -- that's a pitcher of mojitos!
Want easy access to products recommended by Lori and Chicklet? Help support us by visiting the All Thumbs Amazon Store, which has no added markup. Just easy shopping, good prices, Amazon security and thumbs up ratings.