But I got a Costco flier in the mail today, which requires I bring up this topic NOW.
If you meet these three requirements, I have just the thing for you.
- You are a member or are ready to become a member of Costco.
- You want to get into better shape.
- You live near one of the 400 24 Hour Fitness centers in the US.
Costco is currently selling 24-month memberships to 24 Hour Fitness for the amazing price of $290. That's just $12 a month. TWELVE DOLLARS A MONTH, PEOPLE!
I can't tell you what a good deal this is. I've been a member at my local 24 Hour Fitness for 3 years, and here area few of the things I love about my club.
- It offers fitness classes, including 5 yoga classes a week. At no extra charge.
- It's clean and well-maintained.
- It's not just for muscle-heads and gym rats. Lots of "normal" people are there, too, each pursuing his/her own goals.
- It has a Kids Club. During certain hours, I can take my kids there while I work out or take a yoga class. Mine charges less than $2/kid/hour. (Not all clubs have this.)
I'm a cheapskate so I have to get my money's worth from membership dues. This works in my favor by making me put down the Twinkie, get off the couch and milk my membership 3 times a week. I actually like to go now. Three years ago I was at war with my body. Now I like it and want to treat it well.
Product reviews on the Costco website point out that you can only get this price through Costco online (not at the gym and not in a Costco store) and that you may be approached at the by club to buy personal training session (but you are under no obligation). Feedback seems overwhelmingly positive, with thumbs up from all 23 commenters I read.
You'd be hard-pressed to find a better deal. So drop the Twinkie.
Want easy access to products recommended by Lori and Chicklet? Help support us by visiting the All Thumbs Amazon Store, which has no added markup. Just easy shopping, good prices, Amazon security and thumbs up ratings.