Or maybe it was that pose we did in yoga class one day, Finger and Toes Entwined. It's self-explanatory: to put space between your toes, you wedge your fingers in.
Problem: I hate touching feet. Yuck to others' and yuck to my own. I endured the asana and wished there were another way to practice this pose that promises greater strength and stability.
Ask and ye shall be given. I began seeing ads for YogaToes. Christmas was coming up so I put them on my list.
Mom came through, and I've been practicing Finger and Toes Entwined ever since (while I type!). It's like wearing braces on my toes, and consequently I am having an easier time with balance poses. And boy, does it feel good to wear these at the end of the day. I can feel the release of tension radiating up my calves and shins.
Here are some of the other benefits touted on the YogaToes website.
- Improves and prevents foot problems by stretching and aligning your toes
- Eases the discomfort of hammertoes, bunions and plantar fasciitis
- Recover from strain and overuse
- Improves foot strength, flexibility and appearance
- Increases circulation, straightens bent toes, realigns joints
- Improves overall posture and reduces aches and pains associated with it
BUT. And there are two of them. BUT --
1. YogaToes (made in the USA, with two patents pending), have two openings to help you get them on easily -- one on the side of the big toe and one of the side of the pinky toe. Other brands have no such design feature and are more difficult to get one. In addition, I've heard reports that cheaper models are not only harder to work with but may also be uncomfortable -- the gel spacers are not as custom-molded to the foot.
2. YogaToes is offering readers of All Thumbs Reviews a $15 discount during the month of February. That's 30% off! Here's the super-secret code:
Just in time FOR your Valentine (or a hint TO your Valentine on what to get you). YogaToes come in 9 colors and 2 sizes.
Hurry -- you must get your order in by February 28 to get the discount. YogaToes can ship anywhere, but only those in the US and Canada can order via the website. Others please call to place an order using the special code.
I love this small indulgence, my YogaToes -- two digits up. You are so lucky to get this great price on them. (Don't tell my mom.)
Want easy access to products recommended by Lori and Chicklet? Help support us by visiting the All Thumbs Store, which has no added markup. Just easy shopping, good prices, Amazon security and thumbs up ratings.