Block Island Organics to the rescue. When I was offered a full-size sample pack of three items, I said yes because I saw this:
"All of our products are free of parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, phthalates, dyes and artificial fragrances. We also don't do animal testing and use vegan-based formulas."
I've been trying out three products, with formulations touted as natural, rich in antioxidants, vitamins and botanicals, and suitable for all skin types. Here's more information supplied by Block Island Organics.
- Cleans and freshens skin with gentle botanicals
- Rosehip, chamomile, sunflower, burdock, avocado, olive and more combine to purify skin while maintaining its moisture balance
- $19.79 for 4 oz
- Nourishes and revitalizes skin
- Features gentle botanicals such as cocoa butter, caleendula, rosehip, avocado, aloe vera, jojoba, blueberry and more
- Light enough to be used during the day, as well
- $31.49 for 2 oz
- Ultra lightweight, zinc only and vegan formula. Zinc is actually the best UV protector as it offers the broadest UV spectrum protection. Dermatologists often say zinc is the safest sunscreen ingredient for sensitive skin and babies over six months. It also has antimicrobial properties that help to enhance wound healing. It's even the main ingredient in diaper rash cream.
- Nano particle-free
- Broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- $17.99 for 3.4 oz
So far, each has lived up to its billing. I'm looking forward to pampering my epidermis through the rest of the spring and all summer.